Common Law Admission Test, or CLAT, is the most popular law entrance exam among aspirants. The CLAT score is accepted by colleges under NLU and several other private law colleges in India.
But, if you don’t wish to give CLAT, there is good news. There are other law colleges that do not accept the CLAT score. In fact, they conduct their own entrance exam or accept scores of a different entrance exam. Some of these colleges are considered among the best law schools in the country. The ranking of these law colleges in India is a testament to that.
With students gearing up for their LLB admissions, let’s take a look at the list of the 5 top law colleges in India that do not score accept CLAT score.
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
Ranked 3 for Law by India Today 2018, Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Pune is a highly sought out institute by the students for their coveted LLB program. To get admission in this college, students have to appear for the SET exam conducted by SLS for their law courses.
Here are the following aspects of SLS Pune that makes a strong case for you to appear for SETand to enrol in this college.
- Infrastructure – SLS Pune has made sure your every need is taken care of. With facilities like a gym, health centre, canteen, grocery stores, computer lab and library on the offer, students can study in a very comfortable environment. The hostels are clean and handicap friendly.
- Faculty- The faculty is one of the strongest suits of this college. The professors hold doctorates from reputed colleges and are very experienced in their field. They also promote a holistic development for students.
- Student cell- SLS Pune has a very approachable student cell. They encourage students to participate in various cultural activities. They are also very helpful during the time of placement.
- Placements- A lot of top companies in the corporate sector come to SLS Pune for recruitment. The salary offered during the academic year of 2016/17 was between Rs 3-12 lacs per annum.
- Jindal Global Law School (JGLS)
Accredited by NAAC as an ‘A’ grade college, Jindal Global law school ranks amongst the best law colleges in the country. It accepts the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score, a standardized law entrance exam whose score can be applied globally.
- Infrastructure- The infrastructure of JGLS separates them from the rest. It has all the modern classroom facilities. The library is well stocked with books. There is a common room for students to hang out as well.
- Faculty- The faculty members are graduates from prestigious institutes like Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford, and Yale. They provide good industry exposure to the students.
- Placements- Placements are really good. Almost 90% of the students get placed in top firms. The salary package offered to them is a good ROI based on the fees they paid.
- Indian Law Society’s Law College (ILS), Pune
Established in 1924, ILS Pune is one of the oldest law schools in the country. They have been ranked 4 for Law by India Today 2018. ILS Pune accepts the MH CET for law score, which is conducted in Maharashtra. Let’s take a look at the following aspects that make it a highly sought college.
- Infrastructure- The campus is spread over 200 acres, surrounded by forests and hills. This fantastic view is accompanied by the academic building, hostel building, canteens and library.
- Faculty- The faculty is highly educated and very cooperative. All the professors are PhD and LLM holders.
- Placements- Top companies come to ILS, Pune for recruitment. The salary offered ranges from Rs 5-12 lacs per annum. Good internships are offered as well. Students can also receive a PPO during their internship.
- Christ University, Bangalore
Accredited by NAAC as an ‘A’ grade college, Christ University is a very popular and highly sought out law school in Bangalore and across India. Christ University conducts its own entrance exam every year. Let’s take a look at other key aspects which makes this university so good.
- Infrastructure- Christ has a wonderful infrastructure. It has a state-of-the-art building. Each classroom has a projector and WiFi in place. The canteen is very hygienic as well.
- Faculty- The quality of teachers are very good. They have designed the curriculum in a way that makes the lectures very interactive with the students. They also help students in getting industry exposure.
- Placements- A lot of top companies have visited Christ multiple times for recruitment. Students can also get a PPO in the companies they have interned in. Students are also advised to keep their GPA as high as possible.
- University of Punjab
The University of Punjab conducts the PU LLB entrance exam every year for students seeking admission in law. The examination is conducted online. Some of the best colleges are:
- Department of Laws, Panjab University
- Panjab University Regional Centre
- University Institute of Law, Regional centre
Thus, these are some of the best institutes and universities that do not accept CLAT scores. Choose the college that fits you best. Good luck!