When we talk about career we go through many emotions, thought process, situations, dilemmas and finally a dream where the future holds only the best for us. So when it is about career building we definitely look for scope, availability and good ROI. Pursuing a Masters in Business Administration is one such option where every career aspirants aim for something huge. This blog will help you to clear all your doubts regarding a career in MBA.
Choosing the right MBA program for your career actually depends upon what type of person you are. There are so many specializations such as MBA in Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Strategy and Information Technology which are widely offered by almost all the B-Schools and it is always a crucial step to choose one based on your primary interest.
Know out of the following, which specializations best suits you:
1. Good in Numbers: If you are a math geek and you can crunch your numbers in the given hour, good in aptitude, then MBA in Finance or Strategy is advisable to opt for. You can become pro in reports generation, get into investments or loans department and help the business to grow in monetary terms.
2. Loves Travelling and Socializing: We have so many enthusiasts who love to travel, explore and socialize, for such people MBA in Sales and Marketing can work wonders. There is always a belief, that the market for Sales and Marketing never falls for an individual if he/she is ready to break the limits. Marketing and Sales have no boundaries, you can explore a lot, travel from places to places and make money. It is true that Sales and Marketing are always associated with the targets and once you are exposed to the market as per the industry you can do magic.
3. A staffing individual: Wherever we go we always find a person who loves initiating any activity and drives to the end success. MBA in Human Resources will be the best specialization, where they can play a vital role in any organization. Recruiting and staffing for the company, looking for employee welfare, organizing events such as team building activities among the organization, etc will be their vital role. There is always a myth which people carry, gender discrimination when it comes to HR giving female the priority, but that’s not true. Every organization appreciates and welcomes individuals for their talent and what they are capable of.
4. Techie Geek: There is one huge population out there who just loves being techno-savvy. Well for such people all specializations will be suitable but it depends on them which organizational part will be their area of interest. For Example, if he/she is an engineer with a mechanical or civil background, they can surely opt for operations or supply chain management as well as can go with sales and marketing for that specific industry. If an individual is moreover an IT graduate can go for IT specialization or for marketing depending on their skills.
5. Other Special specializations: There many other specializations, to name a few MBA in Sports Management, Rural and agribusiness management, pharmaceutical management, etc, where the courses are conceptualized with the specific industry aspects and cover core concepts of it. People willing to pursue their career with an industry-oriented can always look for colleges providing these programs.
6 .Trust your guts: People love giving bits of advice and advice is always a helping pillar for making decisions but ultimate decision maker should be you. Analyze yourself, point out your strengths and weaknesses as per the industries you want to work for, know the opportunities and go for it. Treat an MBA as an investment where you should get maximum Returns on your Investment.
Hope this blog has clear some concepts of how to choose the right MBA program and driving your positive career growth.
All The Best!!!