Supply chain professionals considering a certificate in the operations field face a bewildering variety of options–as there are numerous private organizations and certifications from which to choose. There are many MBA colleges in Nashik that have begun training and certifying their students with critical operations certifications. Whatever certificate you want, you must make sure it is widely acknowledged.
What is Certified in Production and Inventory Management [CPIM]?
CPIM is a certification course categorized under the operations management industry. It’s a professional certification offered by APICS or their authorized channel partner (ACP) since 1973. It’s highly reputable and recognized on a global level as a standard in inventory and production management. So far, there are more than 1,00,000 professionals who have been certified with CPIM to showcase their commitment towards the profession.
The certification improves the professional value of an individual and also increases the earning potential to let them gain a career advantage over their peers. Interested candidates can become adept at all the essential terminologies, strategies, and concepts related to diverse knowledge areas such as the following:
- supplier planning and procurement
- operations and sales plan
- demand management
- capacity requirements planning
- supplier relationships
- performance measurements
- master scheduling, etc.
- Knowledge – Getting CPIM certification supports your technical and functional expertise in the field of Inventory and Production Management.
- Visibility – Your allegiance to your profession is acknowledged and apparent across the supply chain community.
- Career Growth – Improving your professional value, hiring potential, and reliability, thereby ensuring a successful career within the area of operations, production, and inventory.
- Enhanced Performance – The knowledge and skills acquired assists you to improve work performance.
- As a CPIM Professional – You may understand how to optimize inventory, increase productivity, systemize operations, improvise consumer satisfaction, and increase the profitability of their organization.
Appearing for CPIM Certification Exam
CPIM applicants must pass two examinations in just three years to earn their certification. In every five decades, they also need to maintain CPIM designation. These professionals may prepare to sit for their exams either through self-study materials, provided by APICS or in classroom classes led by APICS-recognized instructors.
Exam applicants take their evaluations via computer-based testing at Pearson VUE test centers at places around the world. Five modules, each of which reflects Both CPIM exams contain critical topics related to inventory and production management:
Part 1 of the CPIM exam (3.5 hours) includes:
- Module 1: fundamentals of supply chain management.
- 130 operational questions, also 20 pretest questions.
- An assessment fee of $495 to $690.
- Retake charge of $250.
Part 2 (also 3.5 hours) comprises:
- Module 1(25 percent of the score): Strategic direction of resources.
- Module 2(25 percent of the score): Master planning of funds.
- Module 3 (25 percent of their score): Comprehensive scheduling and planning.
- Module 4 (25 percent of their score): Execution and management of operations.
- 130 usable questions, plus 20 pretest questions.
- Exam cost of $495 to $690.
- Retake charge of $250.
Best colleges for operations management in India include CPIM along with other operations certification within their curriculum to present the students with the best possible learning’s.